WHO Poll
Q:



Alan 12:13 Fri Sep 1
Friday newspapers (includes West Ham)
BBC

Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 25, could still complete a move to Barcelona with the Spanish transfer window open until midnight on Friday. (Daily Express)

The Anfield clubwill sanction the sale of Coutinho to Barca, but not until next summer. (Sport - in Spanish)

Barcelona have lined up Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil as an alternative to Coutinho, with the Gunners valuing the 28-year-old at £55m. (Cadena Cope - in Spanish)

Manchester City will attempt to sign Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez on loan next year, and blame the Gunners for the 28-year-old's proposed £60m deadline-day deal collapsing. (Daily Mirror)

City are furious that the Gunners did not have a replacement for Sanchez lined up earlier than their failed bid for Monaco's 21-year-old winger Thomas Lemar. (ESPN)

Ross Barkley turned down a move to Chelsea partly because Everton refused to let the 23-year-old midfielder speak with Tottenham. (Guardian)

Juventus have the basis of an agreement in place with midfielder Emre Can's representatives, if the 23-year-old decides not to renew his Liverpool contract. (Ilbianconero, via Calciomercato)

Everton wanted to sign former Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen on loan from Barcelona, but the Spanish side refused to release the 31-year-old. (Liverpool Echo)

Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud, 30, did not complete a move to Everton because his wife rejected it. (Daily Star)

Jurgen Klopp had been waiting to sign new Liverpool midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for three years after watching him play in the Champions League with Arsenal while Klopp was manager of Borussia Dortmund. (Daily Express)

Bournemouth had a £25m bid for Leicester City winger Demarai Gray, 21, rejected. (Sky Sports via Bournemouth Echo)

Former Southampton playmaker Matt le Tissier has dismissed reports Liverpool will sign defender Virgil van Dijk, 26, for a reduced price in January. (Daily Star)

Everton failed to land either the striker or the defender Ronald Koeman wanted. (Liverpool Echo)

Tottenham playmaker Marcus Edwards, 18, turned down several loan offers in an attempt to fight for a spot in the first team. (Guardian)

Bournemouth turned down a £15m bid from Championship club Wolves for their 24-year-old striker Benik Afobe. (Sun)

Meanwhile...

Crystal Palace boss Frank de Boer fears he could be sacked by the Premier League club this weekend. (Times - subscription required)

Kyle Walker laughed off former Tottenham team-mate Eric Dier calling him "a traitor" for joining Manchester City when they were reunited on international duty with England. (ESPN)

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger turned down the opportunity to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager in 2002. (GQ, via Manchester Evening News)

Thomas Lemar says he is happy to stay at Monaco after Arsenal failed with a late bid for the 21-year-old winger on transfer deadline day. (L'Equipe - in French)

Some of your information will be collected when you use this feature. Find out more

Manchester United defender Phil Jones has denied directing foul and abusive language at a doping control officer after the Europa League final last season and says the two-game ban imposed by Uefa was harsh. (Guardian)

Striker Wilfried Bony was excited about his return to Swansea following a £12m move from Manchester City.

Best of Thursday's transfer news

Arsenal are attempting to seal a last-minute deal for Paris St-Germain and Germany forward Julian Draxler, 23 - otherwise they will block Alexis Sanchez's move to Manchester City. (Daily Mirror)

City will make a £70m cash bid for Chile forward Sanchez, 28, and have already sent a team of legal and medical officials to South America to get the deal done as quickly as possible. (Independent)

City's hopes of signing Northern Ireland defender Jonny Evans, 29, from West Brom are hanging in the balance, with France centre-back Eliaquim Mangala, 26, not keen on moving the other way. Arsenal and Leicester have had bids worth £25m for Evans rejected by West Brom. (Daily Telegraph)

Crystal Palace are hoping to sign Mangala from City for £23m. (Sun)

Swansea are close to signing Bayern Munich's 20-year-old midfielder Renato Sanches on loan. (Guardian)




Guardian Rumour Mill

Paul Doyle

As it’s the day after the closure of the transfer window, the Mill feels a little like a scribe who has been asked to write a preview of Gitanos FC’s next fixture. Gitanos, of course, have been going through something of a barren spell of late, having not played or even been heard of since that loss to Uxbridge in the first round of the 1873-74 FA Cup. Off licking their wounds somewhere, no doubt, but someone’s going to feel the backlash one of these days, you wait and see.

Perhaps Gitanos are shacked up in a remote part of Brazil, in which case they get a chance to swap grievances with Diego Costa. Mind you, his mood could still change for the better because the Spanish window is still open for another few hours so Atlético Madrid could reach an agreement with Chelsea for his liberation. That also means, of course, that Barcelona have another few hours to find someone willing to take their money, with Liverpool having so far fended of their interest in Philippe Coutinho, just as Juventus turned noses up at their offer for Paulo Dybala. Now there are suggestions that if Barcelona fail in a last bid for Coutinho, they’ll resort to Mesut Özil. So this window could still get better/worse (delete as appropriate) for Arsenal.

Liverpool and Juventus are indirectly locking horns with each other, too, as the Italians have let it be known to Emre Can that they are willing to offer him a new home if he decides not to extend his contract at Anfield. Meanwhile, there’s talk that Liverpool will make another attempt to sign Virgil van Dijk in January, in the hope that Southampton’s fury has subsided by then and the Dutchman has not been completely put off. Olivier Giroud would be an Everton player now if it were not for his partner, according to, um, Charlie Adam.

The Stoke midfielder told TalkSport that “I heard his partner refused the deal. The deal was nearly done, he wanted to come, but I heard it was his girlfriend or wife that turned it down.” Perhaps she’s not convinced by Ronald Koeman’s cautious brand of football? Meanwhile, there are whispers that Frank de Boer will be invited to leave Crystal Palace before they even contest another match, as a post-transfer window debriefing at the club is expected to veer into a wider discussion about the direction that club is heading in, which appears to be different to the way De Boer is wandering.






HITC

Rafael Benitez will "express some interest" in West Ham United job

Shane Callaghan

The Newcastle United boss might be tempted into replacing Slaven Bilic at West Ham United.

According to The Telegraph, Newcastle United boss Rafael Benitez is likely to "express some interest" in the West Ham United job if Slaven Bilic is fired.

West Ham have lost all three of their Premier League games so far, with a 3-0 defeat at Newcastle last weekend only adding to the mounting pressure on Bilic.

The Magpies manager is said to be frustrated over the fact that he was unable to sign anybody on deadline day - despite clearing off some of the deadwood - as his relationship with owner Mike Ashley looks like deteriorating further.

And The Telegraph reports that the Champions League-winning coach, although happy to stay for the moment, will be interested in the West Ham job if Bilic fails to turn things around in East London.

The report goes on to claim that Benitez no longer trusts a number of people in the boardroom at St James's Park - including Ashley's lieutenant Justin Barnes for "refusing to sanction a number of potential deals because of the cost".

Newcastle fans will be furious with Ashley - well, more than they already are - if his failed promises leads to the departure of one of their best managers in a very long time.





C&H

Diafra Sakho returns to training ground

Diafra Sakho has returned to Rush Green training ground this morning after an absence of two days after his trip to France.

A club insider confirmed to the news to Claret and Hugh this morning saying “Yes he is training today”

Sakho will sit down with the manager to clear to air before resuming training.

Bilic will tell him that should he play in at least half the games between now and January and score a minimum of six goals the club will honour their promise of a move or new deal.

He will also be told that he has let himself, the club, but chiefly the fans down and that the time has come for him to get his life in order and repay West Ham United with the performances of which he is capable.

But any sort of transgression will now be punished with a fine each time leaving the striker in a difficult financial position.



Replies - Newest Posts First (Show In Chronological Order)

Mex Martillo 9:32 Sat Sep 2
Re: Friday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Yes, I do not see that fines to a person on 1000s a week are a great hardship.
Thanks Alan

Sniper 8:42 Fri Sep 1
Re: Friday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Sakho is hardly going to be in a difficult financial position when, come January, the free transfer offers with huge sign in fees start rolling in

The guy isn't going to care about being fined a weeks wages here and there

Should've cashed in

Thanks Alan

ted fenton 1:58 Fri Sep 1
Re: Friday newspapers (includes West Ham)
:-)

Takashi Miike 1:18 Fri Sep 1
Re: Friday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Thanks Alan and Happy Birthday Ted

ted fenton 12:49 Fri Sep 1
Re: Friday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Thanks Alan 12:14 Fri Sep 1

Texas Iron 12:27 Fri Sep 1
Re: Friday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Cheers...

Hat Trick From Sakho...???

Thanks Alan 12:14 Fri Sep 1
Re: Friday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Thanks Alan





Copyright 2006 WHO.NET | Powered by: