WHO Poll
Q: 2017/18 The RealWestHamFans March on March 10th
a. I'll be there, it's time for action now enough is enough
52%
  
b. Not for me, I'll see you all at the Stadium
15%
  
c. A bit difficult for me as I'll be on my stream with a cup of rosie
25%
  
d. What march
8%
  



claret on my shirt 2:37 Fri Feb 2
Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
This is the premier net spend since the start of the 2014/15 season so 3 years. You can probably say Spurs spend is low because of the cost of the new stadium, Liverpool is low because of the money they got from the Coutinho deal and Everton's is high because of the Lukaku sale. But i think you can see just how little G&S have spent compared to everyone else. 14th is piss poor when apparently we are moving to the next level. So where is a all the money going?

1 Manchester City -543,31 Mill.
2 Manchester United -344,68 Mill.
3 Everton FC -141,70 Mill.
4 Watford FC -140,53 Mill.
5 Crystal Palace -119,25 Mill.
6 Arsenal FC -117,34 Mill.
7 Leicester City -106,95 Mill.
8 AFC Bournemouth -103,96 Mill.
9 Newcastle United -91,43 Mill.
10 West Bromwich Albion -90,06 Mill.
11 Stoke City -87,76 Mill.
12 Brighton & Hove Albion -86,80 Mill.
13 Chelsea FC -80,61 Mill.
14 West Ham United -70,04 Mill.
15 Huddersfield Town -44,13 Mill.
16 Southampton FC 39,85 Mill.
17 Tottenham Hotspur -34,12 Mill.
18 Burnley FC -33,45 Mill.
19 Liverpool FC -31,65 Mill.
20 Swansea City -7,10 Mill.

Replies - Newest Posts First (Show In Chronological Order)

rumford 2:23 Mon Feb 5
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
Swiss
Yes I would agree but no one knows what the funds available are. but we may find out the when clubs accounts are published later this month.

My second issue regarding our relatively high wages is that our position in the table over the last 2 seasons doesn't reflect that.

Swiss. 2:06 Mon Feb 5
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
Rumford

Taking into consideration these FFP rules isn't better now to spend heavily to have some class players now especially ones with a potential high sell on value.

rumford 1:56 Mon Feb 5
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
* weekly wage

rumford 1:51 Mon Feb 5
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
There are some conflicting figures regarding our net spend but its certainly lower than you would expect.
In addition take our average wage is 56 k compared to say,

Brighton 26 k
Burnley 26 k
Bournemouth 30 k

Our average wage of 56 k is 7th highest in the premiership with Everton the next closest with 54k.

Source Sporting Intelligence.

claret on my shirt 1:24 Mon Feb 5
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
Alex V 11:30 Mon Feb 5

You brought up the FFP and the figures, sorry but blaming Bilic for everything is bullshit and we all know it, apart from you and a few others. How do you defends bidding 4m up front for Dendoncker and about 12m in total on the last day of the window for isntance?

As i have said you are entitled to your opinion, your a clear board supporter but i think your views are not going to change many opinions, the damage is done and people are angry.

Russ of the BML 12:06 Mon Feb 5
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
Next level my arse.

Alex V 11:30 Mon Feb 5
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
>>> Maybe the spend on wages has gone up �3m and FFP is �7m , that shows even more how poorly Sullivan has managed the finances.

How so, and how do you come to this figure? I would think wages in every Premiership club went up this season - are they all poor with the finances, or is it just fairly normal?

>>> Of course the choices where Bilic's, in every job in the world you blame the person who just left.

Except it was said well before Bilic left, and by Bilic.

wansteadman 10:44 Sun Feb 4
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
The managers job relies on his transfer outcomes, too many managers lose their jobs because the transfer dealings are poor but a lot of the time the transfers have nothing to do with them

claret on my shirt 9:01 Sun Feb 4
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
Alex V 6:43 Sun Feb 4

Maybe the spend on wages has gone up 3m and FFP is 7m , that shows even more how poorly Sullivan has managed the finances.

It's been said on main times Sullivan puts players forward and has a big say on who we try to sign, from what i have read he was one of three who does this. Of course the choices where Bilic's, in every job in the world you blame the person who just left. Who owns the club, has the final say on what is spent and acts as director of football, it's Sullivan so he can try and deflect the blame where he wants to but at the end of the day the buck stops with him.

rumford 6:59 Sun Feb 4
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
*total spend 364 m

Alex V 6:43 Sun Feb 4
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
claret on my shirt 6:00 Sun Feb 4

Again you say the argument is weak, but you really have no evidence to offer against the argument. There was an article the other day estimating our wage bill has gone up by £10m this season - the current FFP allowance is 7.

>>> if that was the reason it's showing we have brought poor players for high prices and overpaid them on wages.

So basically the issue I've been complaining about on here for the last five years!!! Would anyone disagree with that analysis now?

Would a DoF deserve the sack? It would depend how culpable they are for errors. If the strategy were driven by the demands of managers, as it seems it was over the last year, then the problem is that policy, not necessarily the DoF who operates within it. If you know exactly what Sullivan is doing within the current system you know more than me. Bilic vetoed Iheanacho last Summer, all the signings were said to be his choices, and it seems at face value like the January deals were driven by Moyes.

Transfers imo should be taken out of the hands of whatever manager is employed at the time, and given to professionals with expertise at dealing with this issue and considering the long-term health of the club - it's too complicated now for old school methods. Whether Sullivan could play some role in an improved strategy I don't know.

rumford 6:35 Sun Feb 4
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
Interesting figures but net spend alone can be slightly misleading.
Take Chelsea for example,who are way down in this table.In the last 3 years their net spend is 72 m but their total spend on players is 391 m, due to money received for player sales being 291 m.

No other club can match these sales figures.
Furthermore given the proposed changes to FFP which Abramovic now supports.due to Man City out spending him over the last few years,the changes will allow all clubs to spend the same fixed amount, say 90 m, plus any money made on player sales.

.Accordingly this will place Chelsea back in pole position when comes to buying players.Nothing really changes does it.
I know we have our own problems but sometime you need to look at the big picture.

Alex V 6:32 Sun Feb 4
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
Hermit Road 5:24 Sun Feb 4

Agreed it is not irrelevant. But as discussed, the anomaly is basically the surplus this January - everything else is pretty consistent with a fairly high-spending premiership club. I'd like the club to explain that, for sure. I don't believe the conspiracy theories about the owners intentions - they don't begin to make sense - the most attractive proposition to buyers would be a successful football club.

claret on my shirt 6:00 Sun Feb 4
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
Alex your FPP argument is very weak, if that was the reason it's showing we have brought poor players for high prices and overpaid them on wages. If this is the case it clearly shows DS needs to stop acting like a Director of Football because he is shit at it.

At the end of the day Alex, over a 3 year period we are 14th in net spend, we have a poor team, with a high wage bill and alot of dead wood. Alex tell me who has overseen all this as the nameless Director of Football? Also Alex if DS had employed a Director of Football during the last 3 years do you think he'd deserved the sack?

claret on my shirt 5:34 Sun Feb 4
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
Alex V 5:20 Sun Feb 4

last time i did it i will admit i cobbled it together from various places, this time i found a web site that seems to be very respected where all the information is so i used that this time.

Why did i do it over 3 years this time , simply because clubs are vetted in 3 year periods

Hermit Road 5:24 Sun Feb 4
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
Alex, the shorter time frame is much more relevant to supporters given that supporters were sold a move on the back of significantly greater investment. What the shorter time frame suggests is that since the move, there has been less, not more investment in the playing side.

I generally agree with your view on net spend. A lower net spend can often be the result of a well run club. That being said, we are not a well run club so our low net spend isn’t the result of astute moves in the transfer market, it is the result of asset strippers creating an impressive bottom line to increase the value of their investment in the eyes of potential buyers.

Alex V 5:20 Sun Feb 4
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
My question to you Claret...

You and I both know you previously posted net spend figures over 5 years that put us a clear 6th place in the league on spending.

Why now post a table with a smaller scope with a very limited timeframe chosen in order to make the club look as bad as possible? Is that helpful to supporters?

Tell the truth.

Alex V 5:15 Sun Feb 4
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
>>> Maybe the money from the sale of our beloved Upton Park, that money has not been accounted for yet.

Maybe. Or maybe it affected the transfer budget, which I put forward as a suggestion. As I said I don't know, I think it's a reasonable suggestion though. You asked for possible reasons why the spend this season might be limited - I am providing some.

>>> So now it's the fault of FPP and pulling out of a Sakho deal, come on Alex your arguments are becoming amazing weak here.

It's not a weak argument imo. We are close to our FFP wage cap, of that there's absolutely no doubt. Why do you think it's a weak argument? What is the wage capacity available to the club this January? - if you know then say, if you don't you have to accept my suggestion might be a reason.

>>> And you say if pour budget is �0 it's really poor to spend, Alex you said maybe we overspent in your previous answers, you can't you use this excuse both for and against me, LOL.

This is nonsense. Firstly you are misrepresenting what I wrote - I didn't say if our budget is £0 it's really poor to spend, I just outlined the reasonable arguments against doing it to explain why the club might be doing it.

I do think we might well have overspent in the past, and I criticised the nature of our spending heavily for years on here. You seem to be falsely assuming that I think the club is blameless - they are not and I have never said so. If I think we overspent in the past, surely I'd be more likely to argue against overspending now?

claret on my shirt 5:02 Sun Feb 4
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
13 Brentford Rd 4:04 Sun Feb 4

yep totally agree

claret on my shirt 5:02 Sun Feb 4
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
Alex V 3:37 Sun Feb 4

Well we do know that a 30m loan was apparently repaid last Summer. Where did the money to do that come from? I don't think it's a poor excuse at all.

Maybe the money from the sale of our beloved Upton Park, that money has not been accounted for yet.

So now it's the fault of FPP and pulling out of a Sakho deal, come on Alex your arguments are becoming amazing weak here.

And you say if pour budget is 0 it's really poor to spend, Alex you said maybe we overspent in your previous answers, you can't you use this excuse both for and against me, LOL.

13 Brentford Rd 4:04 Sun Feb 4
Re: Premier Net spend 2014/15 to Present... we are 14th Ouch!
Sounds like Moyes was happy with Dendonker as we made a (low) bid.
It was Anderlecht who wouldn't sell.
If we were serious we could and should have been able to bid closer to what they wanted and even gone to 20m sterling if need be. Truth is they wouldn't sign him unless they could get a bargain, same with Carvalho. Clubs have wised up to Sullivan's tactics now of unsettling players and then bidding low, and seem weary of him or won't entertain Brady. This is why we ended up signing a player from PNE at the last minute, where Moyes obviously still has contacts and is held in high regard.
We will not go back in Dendonker in the summer, we didn't go back in for Carvalho either.

Page 1 - Next




Copyright 2006 WHO.NET | Powered by: