WHO Poll
Q:



Alan 11:45 Mon Jan 14
Monday newspapers (includes West Ham)
BBC

Bournemouth are willing to sell England striker Callum Wilson to Chelsea for £75m - 25 times the amount they paid for the 26-year-old in 2014. (Star)

Wolves will rival the Blues for the signature of Wilson, who has scored 10 goals so far this season. (Birmingham Mail)

Chelsea also want to re-sign Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake just two years after selling the 23-year-old Dutch centre-back to the Cherries. (Sun)

Inter Milan coach Luciano Spalletti says 23-year-old Slovakia defender Milan Skriniar, who has been linked with Manchester United, is "out of everybody's price range". (Mirror)

Tottenham's new stadium will not be finished this season. (Mail)

Spurs and Spain striker Fernando Llorente, 33, is a target for Barcelona. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says the club will not meet the reported £100m valuation for Wolves and Portugal midfielder Ruben Neves, 21. (Mirror)

Guardiola also fears City will lose out to Barcelona in the race to sign Ajax's 21-year-old Netherlands midfielder Frenkie de Jong, who is also a target for Paris St-Germain. (Telegraph)

Wolves are set to open talks over an improved contract for 25-year-old defender Conor Coady, whose form could see him in contention for a place in the England squad. (Telegraph)

Everton are interested in signing Lyon midfielder Tanguy Ndombele but will have to pay £75m for the 22-year-old France international. (Star)

Barcelona manager Ernesto Valverde says Chelsea and Spain striker Alvaro Morata, 26, is a "great player" and that the La Liga club have "have a space" in their squad. (Sun)

Valverde has also played down reports of Brazil and Paris St-Germain forward Neymar, 26, returning to Barca. (Express)

Watford's French striker Abdoulaye Doucoure, 26, has told a French TV station he "is going to leave" the Hornets. (Canal Football Club, via Express)

West Ham captain Mark Noble can understand why 29-year-old Austria forward Marko Arnautovic wants to leave the Hammers for China because the money "is a different kettle of fish". (Times - subscription required)

Former Liverpool winger Ryan Babel, 32, is close to moving to Fulham on loan. The Netherlands international plays for Turkish side Besiktas. (De Telegraaf - in Dutch)

Liverpool are interested in Celtic and Scotland winger James Forrest, 27. (Scottish Sun)

Lille have entered the race to sign West Ham midfielder Pedro Obiang, 26. The Guinea international is also a target for Italian side Fiorentina. (RMC Sport - in French)

Bournemouth will offer Wales midfielder David Brooks, 21, a new deal in order to fend off interest from Manchester United and Tottenham. (Sun)

Fulham, Huddersfield and Leeds are among the clubs interested in Columbus Crew and USA forward Gyasi Zardes, 27. (Teamtalk)

Leeds also want to complete the signing of Southampton goalkeeper Fraser Forster, 30, by next weekend. (Star)

Manchester United want Netherlands defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah to stay on loan at Fulham but the Cottagers want the 21-year-old to leave in order to bring in more loan signings. (Sun)

Former Manchester United striker Andy Cole is set to join Sol Campbell at Macclesfield Town as a coach for the team's strikers. (Mail)




Guardian Rumour Mill

Barry Glendenning

Bournemouth have decided they’ll happily sell striker Callum Wilson to longtime admirers Chelsea, but only if Roman Abramovich sanctions the payment of a mind-boggling £75m transfer fee. Wolves are reported to have hitched their skirts at Wilson, but seem extremely unlikely to stump up that sort of dough. Chelsea are also interested in re-signing Nathan Aké for £40m, less than two years after selling the Dutch defender to the Cherries for exactly half that amount.

With Son Heung-min having departed for the Asian Cup, which could, depending on South Korea’s progress, rule him out of Tottenham Hotspur’s next four matches, Mauricio Pochettino has quite the problem to deal with. Already light in personnel and money to pay for replacements, the Spurs boss also looks to have lost another striker in Harry Kane, who limped from the Wembley pitch after sustaining an ankle injury in the closing seconds of his side’s defeat at the hands of Manchester United yesterday.

“We are going to lose Son for the Asia Cup and if Kane suffers an injury, it is going to be massive for us,” said Pochettino of a fragile ankle that could also affect the short-term future of Fernando Llorente. The 33-year-old Spanish striker had been linked with a move to Barcelona in the coming days, but could now find himself thrust into the Tottenham first team for the foreseeable future.

West Ham are in the market for a quarter-back and are reported to have offered Newcastle £10m for Jonjo Shelvey, a sum which has been turned down on the grounds that it is far too low. With Marko Arnautović looking likely to be heading to China for a reported £35m, Newcastle are holding out for a bigger slice of the action. West Ham midfielder Pedro Obiang could also be heading for pastures new, with Lille and Fiorentina apparently interested in extracting him from the London Stadium.

Ryan Babel could be making a long overdue return to the Premier League, with Fulham said to be ready to take the former Liverpool winger to Craven Cottage on loan from Besiktas. Meanwhile in Southampton, goalkeeper Fraser Forster and defender Wesley Hoedt have been told they are not part of Ralph Hassenhüttl’s plans and are free to leave the club. “We don’t send any player away but if he feels he is not used like he wants to be used then he should think about it,” said the Austrian, who also happens to be in the market for a striker. Forster has been tipped to join Leeds United before the week is out.

And finally, Inter coach Luciano Spalletti has told anyone who’ll listen that his Slovakian centre-back Milan Škriniar is going nowhere because nobody else can afford him, while Juve have been told to stump up £18m for Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey now, or else wait five months and take their chances on picking him up on a free transfer at the end of June.







Times

West Ham to receive new £45m bid for Mark Arnautovic

Marko Arnautovic will be the subject of a new bid of around £45 million from Shanghai SIPG which will test the resolve of West Ham United to keep the striker.

An offer, pitched at £35 million in some quarters and £27.6 million elsewhere, was rejected last week, but the Chinese side are expected to return in the coming days with a fresh deal for the Austrian forward.

Arnautovic has made no secret of his desire to leave West Ham and accept a contract that could be worth up to £300,000 a week for the 29-year-old.

Stoke’s Arnautovic windfall

It’s been a difficult few weeks for Stoke City.

Stoke sacked Gary Rowett, before pinching Luton Town’s gaffer Nathan Jones.

However, in good news for the Potters, they are set for a windfall regarding Arnautovic.

It’s believed that Stoke are owed 20% of any sell-on profit which West Ham make on the Austrian.




C&H

Hammers wants 61 goal machine teenager

West Ham is preparing to table a compensation bid for Southend United forward Charlie Kelman claims the Footballer Insider



The teenager is regarded as one of the best promising strikers in English football after he scored 61 goals at youth level in the 2017/18 season. Kelman made the step up to U23 level this season scoring the winning goal in Southend’s 4-3 FA Youth Cup victory against Leyton Orient last year.

Kelman is currently a scholar at Southend and the League One club would love to tie him down to a professional deal now that the forward has turned 17. Any club hoping to snap up Kelman from under Southend’s nose would have to pay a compensation fee which could be set by tribunal.

Kelman found fame at the weekend when he scored this goal from the halfway line on his senior debut.

Kelman was born in Essex but played last year for the United States Under 18s. After being called up by US Soccer, Kelman said ‘my dad is an American citizen and I lived out there for six years so that’s how I qualify.’





HITC

West Ham and Everton want Sparta Prague striker Benjamin Tetteh

Danny Owen

Benjamin Tetteh could reportedly be on his way to the Premier League with Everton, West Ham United and AFC Bournemouth interested.



At the age of just 21, Benjamin Tetteh has already established himself as the star man of Sparta Prague.

With nine goals in 15 games for the Czech side, and a style of play which has led some to label him the ‘new Didier Drogba’, The Mail claimed on Friday that Tetteh had attracted interest from a number of unnamed Premier League sides.

Now, however, Football Ghana have thrown three clubs into the frame; West Ham United, Everton and Bournemouth.

It is well documented that Everton need a new centre-forward with Richarlison more of a winger while Oumar Niasse and Cenk Tosun are expected to depart. West Ham, meanwhile, could be forced into the market with Marko Arnautovic heavily linked with a move to China.

And Bournemouth arguably lack depth up front behind 10-goal top scorer Callum Wilson.

Football Ghana add that Sparta Prague could let Tetteh leave this month but they want at least £10.5 million. Turkish Super Lig champions Galatasaray, who are in dire need of a centre-forward to replace the departed Bafetimbi Gomis, have seen a £7 million bid rejected.




HITC

West Ham's Javier Hernandez could join Barcelona

Danny Owen

La Liga leaders Barca want a new centre-forward and are reportedly looking at West Ham United's Premier League benchwarmer 'Chicharito'.

Considering that Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez have scored more goals (31) between them than 16 other La Liga sides, including Atletico and Real Madrid, you could be forgiven for scoffing at the idea that Barcelona need a new striker.

But, after letting Munir El Haddadi leave for Sevilla, Sport claims that the Spanish champions have identified a number of potential short-term additions to reinforce Ernesto Valverde’s side between now and May.

With money tight at the Camp Nou, Sport believes that Barca want to bring in a forward on loan and it is understood that Javier Hernandez is one such option.

The 30-year-old Mexican international has been a fringe player under Manuel Pellegrini at West Ham United, starting just seven Premier League games this season. Marca claimed earlier in January that Valencia, Sevilla and Real Betis were all keen to offer ‘Chicharito’ an escape route with his price-tag set at £18 million.

Whether West Ham would let Hernandez leave on loan remains to be seen. With Marko Arnautovic heavily linked with a move to China, it would surely be a little premature to let him go just yet.

Interestingly, Hernandez enjoyed a spell on loan at Barca’s La Liga rivals Real Madrid in the 2014/15 season.



Replies - Newest Posts First (Show In Chronological Order)

Gazza_AZ 9:23 Mon Jan 14
Re: Monday newspapers (includes West Ham)
We should try to start a bidding war between Chelsea and Tottenham for the little pea.
Just a thought.

Cheers Alan

Mex Martillo 8:22 Mon Jan 14
Re: Monday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Thanks Alan

jimbo2. 5:30 Mon Jan 14
Re: Monday newspapers (includes West Ham)
If Arnie is going to China, it should be at least £50M! Thanks Al.

Texas Iron 5:25 Mon Jan 14
Re: Monday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Cheers...

chim chim cha boo 3:10 Mon Jan 14
Re: Monday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Thanks Alan.

Thanks Alan 1:01 Mon Jan 14
Re: Monday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Thanks Alan

Takashi Miike 11:46 Mon Jan 14
Re: Monday newspapers (includes West Ham)
Thanks Alan, I hope we sign the kid





Copyright 2006 WHO.NET | Powered by: